Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week One: Honest Ed's

Hey everyone,

I'm sure you've all been anxiously awaiting the first week of my journey as much as I have. I know there are people out there who don't think I can stick to this for the whole summer, but mark my words when I tell you I'm going to do it!

My first challenge is actually what gave me the idea to do this blog in the first place. As some of you may know, I strongly dislike the store Honest Ed's. No, I loathe Honest Ed's. However, I just moved REALLY close to it, aka I can see it from my bedroom window, so I figured I should learn to like it. I saw a video where a woman who hated cilantro ate it seven times under the impression that she would like it by the seventh time and it worked! By the seventh time, she could eat cilantro without gagging. So I'm hoping this will work with my hatred of Honest Ed's.

I will go into Honest Ed's seven times and by the end of this week, I WILL like it.

I'll be updating the blog with pictures, and possibly videos, of my walk through hell, ahem, Honest Ed's, throughout the week. So stay tuned!

Also, some of you have given me suggestions for possibly challenges, and I've come up with a few more too. Let me know if you want to see my doing any of these or the previous ideas or any new ideas you may have. I'm really open to your input, so here's the list:

- Can’t say no, with obvious exceptions
- Walk a certain number of steps each day
- Speak only in German
- Visit different places of worship
- Be a Toronto tourist
- Learn to cartwheel
- Volunteer at nursing home everyday
- Buy nothing for a week
- Can’t sleep in my bed
- Learn a language in 7 days and post the blog entry in the language
- Recreate masterpieces without looking at the page

Talk to you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great. I look forward to this blog missy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the buy nothing for a week idea... and not being able to sleep in your bed will be logistically hilarious, so both get my vote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I love the idea with diffrent challenges for each week! I really looking forward to come back and read how it's going.
    I think as pixie, both the not being able to sleep in your bed and the buy nothing for a week idea is really good!
    Take care. I miss you.
    Nina, Finland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea, Creampuff! Excited to follow this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Here are some other suggestions:

    - make something to wear
    - work out every day for a week
    - do the alphabet in photos ( ie. take photos of things that look like letters)
    - document your entire week in photos with as much precision as possible

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete