Monday, May 31, 2010

Coffee coffee coffee tea tea tea

Hey everyone,

I've finished café week. It went by so much quicker than green week and for that, I'm glad.

On Saturday, I went to a café near where I used to live. It's on Bathurst, near St. Clair and it's called Scratch Espresso Bar. Similar to the Green Grind, Scratch's main seating is one long table. I've decided that I really like this approach. Scratch used to be a gallery, and they still display and sell paintings, clothing, cards and more. There are some beautiful things in there, including some really cool screen printed tees. I had a London Fog and, as many of you know, I'm a bit of a London Fog connoisseur. I must say that I was not disappointed. At all. It was quite a perfect blend of Earl Grey, vanilla and steamed milk. Just enough London, just enough Fog.

I have a confession to make. Yesterday, I went to Whitby early in the morning for a family BBQ and didn't get back into Toronto until 9:30pm. At 9:30 on a Sunday, everything is closed. I couldn't go to a café! So sorry, friends! How will I ever make it up to you?

Well, that concludes café week. It was a very pleasant week indeed.

This coming week is going to be fun, too. Everyday this week, I will watch a movie of a different genre. The seven genres are: comedy, sci fi/fantasy, horror, romance, documentary, foreign and animated. Please give me suggestions of your favorite movies from these genres, and maybe I'll watch your favorite movie this week or, you can join me! I'll supply the popcorn.

2 comments:

  1. I would highly recommend 'Le Fabuleux Destin D'Amelie Poulain' in the foreign film category if you haven't already seen it. It's great.
    And for animated I would say 'Les Triplettes de Belleville' It is also great and isn't what you normally think of when you think animated films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually seen both of those movies, but thanks for the suggestions! I agree, both are great films!

    ReplyDelete