Sunday, May 23, 2010

No more green!!

Hey everyone,

Sorry about not posting yesterday. That just means I have double the green to post today!

I started yesterday off with yet another egg white/green pesto egg wrap. It was good, I suppose, but I am starting to loathe pesto. I used to really like it.


I went grocery shopping yesterday. I've developed green radar for green groceries. I can tell you where almost every green thing is in the store. It's quite a useful skill. Yesterday I found something that combined two things I love: avocados and hummus. Avocado hummus. How could it go wrong? The answer: cilantro. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I hate cilantro. There are few foods that I truly cannot stand, and I would have to say that cilantro is number one. Suffice it to say, I did not love avocado hummus. What a waste of avocados and chickpeas. If anyone wants the rest, come on over to my place. It's yours!


I had some crisp, cool cucumber to cure me of the cruel cilantro. (Whoa "c"s)


I had a hard time finding green dessert, so I settled on lemon lime soda. It was really refreshing.


I didn't really feel like cooking last night, so I got green curry from a Thai restaurant near my place.


I had another peppermint Aero, but I didn't have my camera on me, so there is sadly no picture.

Now on to today. I was so happy when I woke up today because I knew that I only had one green day left. Eating only green food may not seem difficult, but it is extremely annoying.

I woke up kind of late, and didn't want pesto eggs, so I made a lunch-y breakfast. I had another wrap with a broccoli patty, lettuce, and the green sauce I made the other day.


For lunch, I made Spring Minestrone. It was a really good recipe from the same book as the green sauce I posted the other day. It has brown rice, green onion, garlic, asparagus, green peas, and snow peas and is quite delicious. I also had a green salad.



I had a lovely, summery day at the Beach, where I had a piña colada cupcake. It tasted as good as it sounds.



For dinner, I made green pasta with green vegetables and green tofu. Was it green? You betcha.



And with that, no more green food. Ever. That's probably a lie, but I don't think I'll eat much green tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, next week's challenge is to discover a different café everyday. After the annoyance of the green week, I think café week will be a lovely change. That said, if you live in Toronto and have a favorite café, please let me know!

Love you all!

2 comments: