Sunday, May 16, 2010

The end of a good week

Hey everyone,

So it's the end of week two. I'm really glad I chose to do this challenge this week. It's really made me think a lot more about homelessness than I used to. I'm still planning to buy meals for people, although not everyday.

I came up with a few observations over the course of this week. Of the seven people I met this week, only one was a woman. The research I did told me that the majority of homeless people are men and this week definitely confirmed that statement. The next observation is pointless, but interesting. Until today, every person asked for either Coke or Pepsi. I don't know why, but I think it's interesting that almost everyone wanted Coke/Pepsi. The man today asked for an orange juice. I'm kind of glad the last drink was different, just to mix it up.

I met a lot of really nice people this week. It's sad that all of these people need to be begging on the street. I can't imagine how that would feel. There are so many restaurants and grocery stores in this area that I can easily walk into at anytime, yet there are so many people who don't have this basic privilege. I will definitely not take this for granted anymore.

Thanks for reading this week! I hope it has been as interesting for you as it was for me. I haven't chosen next week's challenge yet. I want to do something fun, since this week was a bit more serious. Let me know if you have anything in mind! It's your last chance to tell me what you want me to do next week.

Ta ta

No comments:

Post a Comment