Sunday, June 6, 2010

"Who ever thought I'd like a musical called 'Springtime For Hitler'?"

Hey everyone,

I'm really behind with blogging, sorry! I have been really busy the past couple of days, and today is my birthday, so I wasn't really around to blog.

Yesterday, I watched a comedy: 'The Producers'. The original. I honestly don't know how I managed to not see this movie, as I love Mel Brooks movies, especially when they star Gene Wilder. That said, I'm very happy I chose 'The Producers' as my comedy film. It's such a classic.



For those of you who aren't familiar with 'The Producers', director and accountant, Biyalistok and Bloom, respectively, try to earn a fortune from their new play on Broadway. Biyalistok and Bloom, however, aren't trying to create a hit. Quite the opposite, in fact. They are trying to create the worst musical ever made, entitled Springtime for Hilter. Their plans change when Springtime for Hilter becomes an instant success. As you can clearly tell, hilarity ensues.

Zero Mostel (Biyalistok) and Gene Wilder (Bloom) are so funny to watch. They must have had a ball making this movie. This is such a quotable movie with such gems as "I picked the wrong play, the wrong director, the wrong cast. Where did I go right?" I've seen the 2005 version of 'The Producers' with Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane, which is a surprisingly good remake, but the original is by far the champion. See this!



As for today, I switched sci fi/fantasy to birthday movie, in honour of my birthday. I chose '16 Candles', despite turning 21. I've actually seen '16 Candles', but it was so long a go that I really wanted to re-watch it. Unfortunately, I had to stop it because I had a birthday party, and I'm now too tired to finish it. I'll finish it in the morning and blog about that as well as tomorrow's film tomorrow. Thanks for understanding! Any good horror suggestions for tomorrow?? I put it off until the end because horror movies scare me so much! Nothing too terrifying, please!

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Here's some horror movies (which are not too terrifying) which include classics like:

    Rosemary's Baby
    Hitchcock's Psycho
    or
    The Birds
    more recent:
    The Others
    Descent

    ReplyDelete